What’s happening to us right now according to Dr. van der Kolk is that we’re in an immobilized state. In that state, trauma and fear can get stuck in our subconscious and in our bodies. We need daily rituals to move that energy and clear out our subconscious.
My meditation routine (and committed schedule) is what’s getting me through this time. And I’m actually feeling more centered than ever before.
If you’re feeling disconnected and having trouble staying focused and not procrastinating, you’re not alone.
I recorded this short video lesson for you in the hope of helping you to stay focused. In this lesson, I’ll share with you 3 proven strategies to help you stop procrastinating, stay focused, and THRIVE through it all.
- Be Mission-oriented. Have a Purpose that is aligned with your values.
- Prevent Overwhelm and Freeze.
- Create a positive VISION of your Future.
IN ADDITION, CONSIDER THESE TIPS FROM DR. ANDREW WEIL:
Dr. Weil Boost Your Mood
- Build health-promoting habits by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and getting adequate sleep. Also consider adding a high-quality fish oil supplement, as the added omega-3 fatty acid may support a better mood.
- Express your emotional reactions honestly so you can effectively deal with what’s bothering you.
- Consider journaling and put pen to paper to keep your focus on the here and now.
- Confide in someone – your mate, a good friend, or a trusted relative.
- Laugh. Even fake laughter has healthful benefits. Watch a comedy, tell stories with close friends and family, or just start smiling and laughing in the mirror.
- View the cup as half full instead of half empty. Start by ending each day listing three to five positive things that happened that day.